Brief Description of ITM
KSCARDB ITM finds its origin in humble beginning as Staff training Centre in the year 1975 at Trivandrum. Later it was shifted to Kochi , the “ Queen of Arabian Sea”.
In the year 2015, ITM started functioning in the refurbished building with the current nomenclature.
ITM conducts 50 training programmes in every year at an average. More than 1000 trainees attend trainings here on various topics like Banking operations, Loan operations, HRD, Management, Computer, IT , Law etc.
ITM functions on the financial support of NABNARD and certification by C-Pec, NABARD.
ITM has two smart class rooms, Computer Lab, Reading Room, Library, Conference Hall and guest rooms in its building. ITM can accommodate 45 trainees at a time.
The target groups of trainings are KSCARDB /PCARDB employees , Board members & Cooperative Department Staff. ITM also intends to design trainings for other apex Cooperatives as per requirement in ensuing years.
The Institute of Training and Management, Ernakulum, earlier known as the Staff Training Centre started its functioning on 1975. It is a pioneer institute for imparting training to the officials and non officials of KSCARDB and PCARDBs with an objective of imbibing knowledge through professional outlook and approach. The ITM is a C-PEC accredited institute functioning with the unstinted support of NABARD. It is adorned with specially furnished smart class rooms having hostel facilities to 45 participants at a time. The infrastructure facilities offered are competent enough to conduct State level seminars, workshops etc.
- We are conducting regular trainings every month in a financial year except in March. ITM conducts average 50 trainings every year with an average participation of 25 people.
- Conduct impact evaluation studies of previous trainings.
- Exposure studies and observation field visits are conducted as part of trainings.
- Zonal meeting of KSCARDB also being hosted at ITM Conference Hall.
- Training programs are scheduled as per Annual Training Calendar which is prepared on the basis of Training Need Analysis surveys conducted every year.
- Apart from in house trainings, ITM conducts onsite trainings on requests from PCARDBs.
ITM also undertakes outsourcing trainings to other Institutions on need basis.
- SMART CLASS ROOMS WITH AUDIO VISUAL IMPACT
- COMPUTER LAB
- DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ACCOMMODATION FOR 30 PEOPLE
- TRIPLE OCCUPANCE ACCOMMODATION FOR 15 PEOPLE
- LIBRARY WITH 4500 BOOKS
- READING ROOM
- INDOOR GAMES
- OUTDOOR SHUTTLE COURT
- MINI CONFERENCE HALL
- GUEST ROOMS
- MESS HALL
- The inauguration of refurbished building of ITM was done by the then Honourable Chief Minister, Sri.OmmenChandy on 21.2.2015. It was a remarkable occasion in which many dignitaries like Ministers of Kerala, MLAs of Ernakulum, Presidents of PCARDBS, Senior officials of NABARD, KSCARDB and PCARDB participated. The event gave a new face to the previous Staff Training Centre and with the new nomenclature; KSCARDB Institute for training and Management (ITM), the training organization spread its wings to a professional level in outlook and approach.
- It is by the same time C-Pec,BIRD; Lucknow gave its first certification to this Institute which is still continuing.
- In the year 2017, ITM started imparting specially designed ODI trainings for weak PCARDBs. In February,2018two such special programmes were conductedwith the CDF assistance of NABARD under special instruction. Also an exposure visit was conducted to successful PCARDBs in Kerala,Peermade, Alathur, Perinthalmanna, Thaliparamba and Kunnathunadu in the same month.
- In 2018 and 2019, these special programms were continued in order to facilitate sustainability to weak PCARDBs.
- A trade fair of Coir Products was conducted at ITM conference Hall from 28.8.2017 to 2.9.2017 by Form Mattings India( P ) Ltd
- Kerala State Cooperative Consumer Federation Ltd conducted a one day workshop on “Kerala Service rules” on 10.3.2018
- Kerala State Cooperative Consumer Federation Ltd conducted a one day workshop on “Software Implementation” on 23.6.2019
- The new quarterly journal of ITM, “ ITM NEWS LETTER” released in February, 2020
|Institute of Training centre
Kerala State Cooperative Agricultural &
Rural Development Bank Ltd.,
Gandhi Nagar North Ware Housing,
|Kochi – 682020, Phone : 0484 2206288
Sreedevi S Thekkinezhathu, Principal
Email : email@example.com